I'm guessing y'all have seen today's newsletter. Can't download the client yet, but oh my...
Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 is a major gameplay upgrade to the Beta:
- Combat ratings from ‘Harmless’ all the way up to ‘Elite’.
- Reputations per system and galaxy-wide that influence attitudes and prices offered to you.
- Ability to discover and explore and scan new systems and sell the data on them.
- Detailed system maps.
- Around 500 additional star systems to explore.
- Lakon Asp Explorer ships added.
greater variety of upgradable Life Support modules, Engines,
Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo
Racks for all ships.
- Ships are subject to gradual ‘wear and tear’.
- New weapons including mines and a new non-lethal missile-deployed cargo hatch disruptor for piracy.
- Outposts (small, exposed ‘roadside café’ stations in remote locations)
- Occelus starports, a version of which can move around for early civilization of new systems and space tourism.
- Visibility of other ships in supercruise, and track others through supercruise and hyperspace.
- Newsfeeds about events from the rest of the galaxy and player activity in your local system.
- All backers names (from the appropriate crowd-funding reward tiers) have been added to the NPC naming database.
also includes a host of other improvements and optimizations including
additional rock, ice and metal planetary ring types, a lot more music
and some optional ‘simulator’ tutorials.
SLI/Crossfire support allows play in 4K ultra-high definition (with appropriate hardware).